For a printable PDF of these instructions, click here.
(*patients must arrive 1 hour before scheduled procedures)
Appropriate bowel cleansing is one of the most important steps in performing a successful and accurate colonoscopy. Please read this sheet in advance of your procedure and follow these instructions carefully..
One week prior to procedure:
- Fill your prescription for Golytely (or Colyte/Nulytely) at your local pharmacy.
- Avoid nuts, seeds, popcorn, and fibrous vegetables since these may interfere with preparation.
- If you take blood thinners please inform us in advance so that these medicines can be adjusted appropriately.
- Blood thinners include Aspirin, Plavix (Clopidogrel), Effient (Prasugrel), Coumadin (Warfarin), Pradaxa (Dabigatran), Xarelto (Rivaroxaban), Eliquis (Apixaban).
- If you are a diabetic and take insulin or other medications to lower your blood sugar please inform us in advance so that these medicines can be adjusted appropriately.
- Stop any anti-inflammatory medicines (Aleve, Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Naproxen).
- Stop taking iron supplements or vitamins containing iron.
On the day before the procedure:
- You may have a light breakfast.
- You will need to be on a “clear/thin” liquid diet for the rest of the day. Examples of clear/thin liquids include water, broth, Jell-o, juices, sports drinks, sodas, ginger ale, lemonade, popsicles, coffee/tea (without milk).
- Avoid red or purple colored liquids, juices with pulp, dairy products.
- It is important to stay hydrated and drink as much fluid as you can throughout the day!
- Mix the Golytely by adding water to the indicated line and shake the jug until the powder is completely mixed with the liquid. It may be easier to drink the solution if it is chilled.
- If your procedure is in the morning:
- At 6 pm the night before your scheduled procedure drink a glass every 10 minutes until you are finished with half the bottle. Drinking rapidly produces a better result than sipping it.
- At 10 pm the night before your scheduled procedure drink a glass every 10 minutes until you finish the second half the bottle.
- If your procedure is in the afternoon:
- At 10 pm the night before your scheduled procedure drink a glass every 10 minutes until you are finished with half the bottle. Drinking rapidly produces a better result than sipping it.
- At 6 am the morning of your scheduled procedure drink a glass every 10 minutes until you finish the second half the bottle.
- Bowel movements should begin within a few hours and may continue for several hours. Bloating and nausea are common during the process. This is temporary and will improve when bowel movements begin. If nausea becomes severe, stop drinking the solution for 30 minutes, then resume drinking every 15 minutes as before.
The day of the procedure:
- Do not drink anything within 4 hours of your procedure otherwise your procedure may be cancelled.
- You can take your regular medications (unless instructed otherwise) with a sip of water; but try to do so at least 4 hours before your procedure. If you have an early morning procedure, you can bring your medications with you and take them after your procedure.
- Please arrive at your designated location at least 45 minutes early to allow for registration so that your procedure is not delayed or cancelled.
- Women of child-bearing age may be asked to provide a urine sample to ensure you are not pregnant.
- You should be accompanied by a relative/friend to help you get home after the procedure.
- You should not drive or drink alcohol for 12 hours after the procedure.
920 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028
T: (212) 535-3400
Carnegie Hill Endoscopy Center
1516 Lexington Avenue (at East 98th street)
New York, NY 10029
T: (212) 860-6300
Mount Sinai Hospital Endoscopy Unit
1184 5th Avenue (at East 100th street)
New York, NY 10029
T: (212) 659-8961 (scheduling)
T: (212) 241-6277 (endo unit)
Cancelling or Rescheduling:
- If you need to cancel or reschedule please call us at 212-535-3400 to inform us and allow other patients to use the procedure time.
- There is a $50 fee for no-shows and late cancellations (less than 3 business days).
Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions!